God is Good!! All the Time!!
Looking Ahead …
On Memorial Day Sunday, May 28th, we will gather for one worship service at 11:00 a.m. Please note: Children’s Sunday School classes will not meet on May 28th.
On Pentecost Sunday, June 4th, we will gather for one worship service at 11:00 a.m. Please take advantage of this opportunity to attend the Promotion Sunday activities in the Fellowship Hall from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. After the children are promoted, the adults will remain in the Fellowship Hall for a special talk about Pentecost by Andy Dearman on the book of Ruth and why Jews read the book at Pentecost (their Festival of Weeks) and why those same reasons can be instructive for Christians at Pentecost.
Come enjoy tea and the music from “My Fair Lady” at Follies! this year in the Family Life Center, June 4th at 5:00 p.m.
Everyone is encouraged to wear RED for Pentecost!
- Stephen Ministry: COME JOIN US for a conversation with Andy Gans about HOMELESSNESS: “Seeing the Unseen”. We will meet on Thursday, May 25th at 6:30 p.m. in the Church Parlor. We hope to see you there.
- VBS Workday: Saturday, May 27th from 9 a.m. to NOON, in the gym. We will work a variety of projects for all types of skill levels to help prepare VBS decorations. Children and Teens welcome with parent supervision. Bring a drill, jig saw or paint brush!
- The Pines Solos will meet on Saturday, May 27 at Noon in a member’s home. Please contact the church office at 713-467-2234 to RSVP
- Sunday School Schedule ~ this is the last week of spring classes. There is no Sunday school next Sunday, May 28. On June 4, we will have a kick-off for Summer classes in the Fellowship Hall with breakfast, promotion Sunday for the children and youth, and a special program for adults from 9:30-10:30. Summer Sunday School classes will begin on June 11. See you there!
- June Agape Offering is on Sunday, June 4th benefiting Westside Homeless Partnership – Summer Campers. 16 children are headed to Camp Allen for a week and need supplies and a care package. SUPPLIES: please see the newsletter or Agape board in the Fellowship Hallway. CARE PACKAGES: chap stick, cards, fun socks or glow sticks.
- Memorial Day Service Project at CityCentre ~ Come and join us as we become “Neighbors Serving Together” alongside those at CityCentre on Sunday, May 28th, from 4:00-7:00 on the Green in CityCentre. Come for as long as you can and join in our project to benefit the veterans at Camp Hope.
Your Pines Church Staff