2017 Youth Mission Trip Forms are here (Deadline for applications: January 31, 2017)
Pines Youth Ministry seeks to tend and nourish each one’s soul, mind, and life with various Christian practices in which their faith can be fueled, their souls can be spiritually well-nourished, and their lives can be abundantly shaped in the image of Christ.
Worship — the youth are called to worship and praise God, and they share their spiritual gifts with the entire congregation.
Youth Leadership and Participation in Worship:
- The Pines Orchestra
- The Chancel Choir
- The Pealers (Handbells)
- Liturgists for Sunday Morning Worship Services
Education — Sunday School classes focus on a Christian discipleship.
- The Jr. High Class (6-8 grades): an interactive Bible Study of various Biblical and theological topics and themes
- The Sr. High Class (9-12 grades): an interactive Bible Study of various Biblical topics and theological themes
- Confirmation Class (9th graders and up): a thorough curriculum of Christian discovery and discipleship and a mentoring guide (begins in September).
- Summer Jr. High Sunday School (various relationship-building opportunities)
- Summer Sr. High Sunday School (student-led, relationship-building opportunities)
Fellowship/Retreats — the youth fellowships seek to connect one another within the church and with the local Houston community. A team of the youth leaders (including Pastor Sam) visit students at their lunch time during the school year for fun and fellowship.
Youth Fellowship & Weekend Retreats:
- “Youth United” meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month – check with the church office (713-467-2234) for specific details
- “Celebration” for Sr. Highs at Cho-Yeh both in January and July
- Pines’ “Conclave” at Camp Cho-Yeh in February
Missional Living — Designed to learn about a Christian calling and share the good news of Jesus Christ with the world. The youth are also involved in various service opportunities such as MAM, Meals on Wheels, Mission of YAHWEH, Souper Bowl of Caring, Crop Walk, Star of Hope, AIDS Foundation, Women’s Home, Brookwood Community, Sherwood Elementary.
Summer Mission Projects include local and national mission as well as an international mission every two years.
2015 Youth Mission Projects
- August 1-8: Middle School “Albuquerque” Mission Project
- July 18-25: High School “Denver” Mission Project (working with DOOR—Discovering Opportunities for Outreach and Reflection)
2016 Youth Mission Projects
- June 26 – July 2: High School “New Orleans” Mission Trip (with TEAMeffort Missions)
- July 24 – 30: Middle School “Heifer” Mission Trip (with Heifer International)
2017 Youth Mission Projects
- July 1 – 8: High School “Nashville” Mission Trip (with Adventures in Mission) Click here for forms
- June 22 – 29: Middle School “Memphis” Mission Trip (with Service over Self) Click here for forms
Youth Mission Projects Fundraising Events –
- Annual Car Wash: Invite your friends and families to have their car(s) made clean and shiny. All proceeds go to the youth mission trips! The car wash is held in the Pines driveway at 12751 Kimberley Lane. The 2017 date will be posted as soon as it is calendared.